Ashwagandha in Sanskrit means “smell of the horse” to correlate it with the strength of…Read More
For the past few years, one diagnosis that doctors have given out the most is diabetes. This, now fairly common, chronic condition is understood as one that causes blood sugar levels to rise abnormally. Type-1 diabetes is caused by your immune system destroying cells that produce insulin, the hormone that controls your sugar levels. Type-2 diabetes is caused by the body not being able to produce enough insulin or respond to it.
Researchers have responded to the rise in the cases of diabetes globally by looking into herbs, fruits, and even vegetables that could help manage the condition or keep it from occurring in the first place. One fruit that’s come out on top is jamun for diabetes, otherwise known as java plum. This is a seasonal fruit that Ayurveda’s turned to for fighting abnormal blood sugar levels for centuries now. Here are all the beneficial reasons for adding jamun for diabetes.
Our body turns food into glucose to give us energy. How quickly that happens can be understood by the food’s glycemic index. The higher the number, the quicker the food is digested. This spikes our blood sugar levels. Foods with a low glycemic index, get digested slowly and are less likely to spike blood sugar. Craving for a snack? Jamun is a great option to grab, with a glycemic index of just 25. So next time you feel like munching on something, reach for jamun for diabetes.
You may notice your blood sugar levels spike after a meal. The culprit is the digestive enzyme α-amylase that helps break down starch from our food into sugar. Jamun inhibits this enzyme’s activity, keeping your sugar levels in check. Enough reason to choose jamun as your post-meal dessert!
Why not try green tea as a post-meal drink? Kapiva’s Madhu Tula Green Tea consists of 16% green tea leaves and 84% ayurvedic herbs like Jamun seeds, liquorice, cinnamon and others that improve insulin sensitivity, thereby regulating blood sugar. Made from 100% natural ingredients, our product contains no added preservatives.
Worried about your nutrition goals? Jamun is here to rescue you. Jam-packed with nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, and vitamin c, Jamun helps your body meet its recommended dietary needs. It’s also rich in B vitamins such as riboflavin, thiamine, folic acid, vitamin B6, and niacin, making it a great option for your daily nutrient-dense snack between meals.
Insulin levels giving you trouble? This all-important hormone regulates your glucose and plays a huge role in keeping diabetes in check. Jamun works wonders in improving your insulin levels and stopping fluctuations in blood sugar. Make jamun for diabetes a part of your regular diet!
Not sure if you are getting enough insulin support from your food? We recommend Kapiva’s Dia Free Capsules that contain Gurmar, an ayurvedic wonder herb also known as sugar destroyer, along with other Ayurvedic herbs like Giloy, Haldi, Karela, and Kutki, which prove very efficient to control blood sugar levels naturally. Enjoy the richness of Karela Jamun juice benefits.
Wondering what makes jamun for diabetes the right choice? Jamun is chock full of powerful anti-diabetic ingredients called phenolic compounds. These compounds, namely catechin, quercetin, ferulic acid, ellagic acid, and caffeic acid, perform several highly beneficial functions for diabetics.
They increase insulin levels and stimulate insulin secretion, reduce blood sugar levels and glucose intolerance, and even delay the absorption and release of glucose in the body. All of these amazing properties make jamun for diabetes the best way to control blood sugar levels!
A traditional ayurvedic combination of karela, amla, jamun, and guduchi, Kapiva’s Dia Free Juice regulates carbohydrate metabolism, keeping blood sugar levels in check. Try the Karela Jamun juice benefits for controlling diabetes.
These herbs have antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that help remove toxins from the blood, stimulate liver function and help control your blood sugar levels naturally. Kapiva’s Dia Free Juice helps control your sugar levels and does not contain any added sugar, colour or flavour. Our Dia Free Juice is keto-friendly and vegan.
We are a team of food scientists and Ayurveda experts at Kapiva. Our mission is to raise awareness and educate people on ancient principles and herbs found in traditional texts. We work together to develop the most comprehensive content on Ayurveda which is grounded in peer-reviewed, scientific research.
We’re all aware of the dangers of high blood sugar levels and there’s a lot…Read More
Many of us fear diabetes - after all, it’s linked to a host of complications…Read More